As you can guess, it is Thursday evening, and I’m still at work. I’ll be here until 9 o’clock, whether I like it or not. Things are slow going for the first week. They say this isn’t indicative of how it is the rest of the semester. How am I supposed to know? But I seem to have at least an hour or so during the day where I am not particularly busy. So I can get a few things taken care of.
I get in today and receive a phone call from Human Resources. Apparently, they still have not received my transcript (it has been a month). My working here depends upon this transcript. I think it is HR’s fault. I know Dickinson received my transcript request on August 10. I talked to them this morning, and they sent my transcript on August 12th. So either the mail service lost it, or HR is a bunch of fools, and do not know how to file things. My feeling is the latter.
Otherwise, work has been going well. I got through all of my introductions. I ran through my grading policy, and all about the labs. Yippee. Actually running the labs, well, anyone with any sort of college degree could take charge of these labs. Granted some of the questions I get asked during the rest of the day, not many people would be able to or want to answer. But it is all so very, very routine. I have been lucky though. The somewhat...light schedule here affords me some time to get to catch and talk to people…like beck, suzy, steve, dana, not to mention some of my lovely infernos throughout the day. One a totally random note, has anyone talked to Scotty, my wonderful physics senior research partner lately? I have no idea what he is up too. I’m just wondering.
So what is going on with my life...since I’ve already told you what I’ve been doing. Since early this morning, my life has been set in motion. I finished up making the arrangements for the GRE’s and the math subject test. I’m taking the general test (computer) on October 31 and the math subject test on December 11. Now that I’ve done that I can finally commit myself to studying for the darn things. So I’m going to just try to continually look over things in my free time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Birthday to Sam!!! I know, kinda early.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not happy news here. Sadly, I found out that Fox moved my only favorite show, the OC to Thursday evenings. AT 8PM. That means I can’t watch the OC because I will be at work until 9 pm. Not fair. Quite depressing.
Jumpin’ around here, last time I swear. Have you ever known someone that you, how do I say this, can very easily talk with? There is nothing hard or unsettling about it. Have you ever been put in a situation where that person wants to go off somewhere and you fully support that but you can’t cause that would make you unable to speak with that person for some extended period of time. WTF is that? why? I don’t understand myself.
But that isn’t majorly important…I mean it is, but it isn’t. OH I’m magically confusing, aren’t I?
Well I can’t think of much else, outside of my computer, which I’m putting off indefinitely until I have the money to even consider buying it. How can things go right, but yet, so wrong?
Evening folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment