Oh the insanity. What a weekend! It almost felt like I was back at Dickinson. I had something to do almost everyday. I guess it is time to share then isn’t it?
Last Thursday, after having gotten over my craziness (last post), work was over, and I drove like a crazy person back home. My parents took me out to Shogun 27 to have a wonderful hibachi birthday dinner. It was so fun, especially with the flaming volcano onion! hurray! By the time we finished, it was about 8:30-9 pm and we had birthday brownies that my mom made.
Friday morning, I got up early, ran some errands, one of which was to get my haircut. It is now nice and short. I still find myself running my fingers through my hair only to find that it is super short. I like it. You will all get to see it soon I suppose. I spent the rest of the day redesigning my bedroom. It has been one way for the past, I guess, six years or so. It no longer felt like it was my room. So I moved the bed around and rearranged everything. Unfortunately, all the piles that were hidden before, were now left out in the open in my room. I also tried the phone line that is in my room. No dial tone. Apparently, all the wiring is there, it just isn’t hooked up at all. Bah, things keep looking bleaker for my getting of a new computer. I might wait a couple of more months (need more money to pay for it) before I get it.
Saturday was super fun sunburn day. My parents and I met up with a whole bunch of people at 11:30 in the morning to tailgate before the Rutgers vs. Michigan State game. We had so much food I felt like a pig. A couple of parking spaces down from us, was a huge group of alumni and students. They had this wonderful flip cup table action going on. They challenged some nearby MS students to a game. The RU students beat them handily. Go figure. Anyways, we tailgated until about 2:30 ish, at which point we made our way to the stadium. Now, I haven’t been to an RU football game in about 5 years. Nobody used to go to games. But today, the place was packed. You could barely move around the stadium. It was a “sold out” crowd of 42,612. It was an amazing sight to be seen. A full Rutgers stadium. The game was great. RU beat Michigan State 19-14. It was so great, all of the students stormed the field after the win. The atmosphere was electrifying. After the game, we came back to the cars we had some more tailgating fun. By the time we left it was about 9:30 at night. Not to mention the amount of sunburn I had from it.
Sunday, I invited Beckie and Steve to come with me and my parents to the Rockin’ Oldies Wine Festival in Waterloo Village. Thank goodness that it was cloudy and cool out or else my sunburn would have been sooo bad. The wine was alright. But the day out was overall very good. We had this awesome pulled pork sandwich. yum yum. Afterwards, we came back home, ordered some Papa John’s pizza and watched Friday the 13th and Pirates of the Caribbean. Just really nice to chill out with beck and steve.
Labor Day- hurray for a day off. It was a super exciting day of laundry and more room rearranging. The piles are now gone. So I’m now really happy with the way my room looks. Oh, I got these super soft sheets from target. Sleeping in bed has never been so wonderful.
That brings us to today. First day of classes at BCC. Total and utter insanity. Had to park in timbuktoo because of all the students. At least I only have one lab to do today. So it shouldn’t be so bad. Tomorrow will be worse with 3 labs. Yikes.
Catch ya’ll later!
No comments:
Post a Comment