Hi, all. Just figured I would give an update on my life. It is as you would chuggin’ along. I have so many things going on in my head. It is getting so hard to keep track of them all. So maybe if I write it all down then it will help.
Last Friday, I drove over to visit my Suzer, Cryssy, and Hester. Their house is soooo cute. I would like one of my own some day. *It won’t happen any time soon.* We went out to Dairy Queen and had some yummy ice cream. Then we went back to their house, stayed up late and watched a movie. Yey, I miss watching movies with my girls, even if Cryssy goes to bed early. Same ol’ Cryssy sleeping habits. After the movie was over, Suzer and I stayed up late just chatting. Ugh, hurts my heart cause I now perpetually feel disconnected from everyone. It isn’t a nice feeling. I suppose that explains my current job- constantly in contact with people all day.
Saturday, I slept nice and late because I could. We decided to go see Garden State since Suz and Crys did not yet have the pleasure of viewing that wonderful movie. It was so good, even the second time around. We looked around at a furniture place. Then we waited back at their place for Chris to arrive. It was good to see him. It was great to hear how the GRE went, considering I will be taking mine in just about a month. Once the hurricane had finally gotten everything out of it’s system, we made our way to West Chester for a wonderful dinner at the Iron Hill Brewery and Restaurant. Everything was delicious- the house beers, the food. Not quite MarketCross, but I’ll take it.
After all of that, I sadly drove home. I have to say the trip isn’t all that bad. Not to hard, and the one toll is manageable. So I now have many reasons to go and visit.
Sunday, I spent doing laundry, fixing more of my room, as well as going out to the mall with the parents. It was a nice trip, outside of me not finding the jeans I wear, or a nice pair of shoes, or the minor argument with my dad over getting a new comforter because my old comforter had the thread unraveling from it. But I won on the comforter issue. Besides, I was the one who was paying for the comforter. Now almost everything matches in my room, and I only really have about one more pile left I need to get rid of.
Yesterday, was an okay day at work. I found out earlier that I needed a professional development plan for the rest of the year. But I learned yesterday that it could include everything from the learning assistant round table meetings, to me working through the course material for a course I am not familiar with. Hurray! I also chatted with one of the instructors here who saw me with my gre book. He said, forget about it. Don’t even study for it. It isn’t worth it. Just study for the Math Subject test. Apparently- with all the prealgebra stuff I do everyday, it’s enough to get me through the entire Math section. The only thing I really need to do, is brush up on vocab and learn how to read comprehensively. No offense to all those verbal part lovers- I don’t care about the analytical writing section. If I really put my mind to it, I can create an absolutely wonderful sentence. I just choose not to do it here. That just wouldn’t be me. But last night I did meet up with Steve, and we went over some vocab and math problems. I got all of the math problems right except for one. Go me! So I think, every couple of days I will work a little bit on vocab and reading comp before the test on Oct. 31. At least I get to have lots and lots of candy afterwards. Then the journey of how to tackle the Math Subject test will begin.
Cool stuff I’m waiting for:
~~~I think in about a month I will have enough moola to buy the computer I want, assuming it doesn’t look bad up close compared to the pictures on the internet.
~~~Aladdin comes out on DVD on October 5. Mulan comes out on October 26. The OC First Season comes out on October 26th as well...
Catch yall later.
No comments:
Post a Comment