Day 8

Came complete with phone calls galore.  It was damn foggy out - literally all day.

But I managed to get a package sent, and buy a ton of frozen meals.  I love cooking - but it's no fun if you are just cooking for yourself.  Besides, getting all the necessary ingredients is the same if not more than the frozen meals.  I think I should be set for a little while - well at least until my Lunchables run out.  Yes, yes - I eat lunchables.  But I get the Deli Select style lunchables with actual lunch meat, none of that processed stuff.

I didn't get much done in way of school work - I got a journal entry done for my internship and am getting some laundry finished now.  So I guess the day has been productive.  Thankfully I have another two days left.

As for the thoughts from yesterday,  it seems like the district is going to have a shortfall in the budget next year.  The plan is - that the district is thinking about taking away our PLC time to cover for it (essentially we go from teaching 5 classes to 6 classes a day).  In the PLC time, the teachers are able to get in all the training sessions (like sexual harrassment), discuss things like career clusters, diversity, NCA,  and do student interventions.  I have a feeling that if they take it away, there goes my job.  I'm not the only person with that feeling either.  I don't intend on posting much more than that for now.  But it would be such a waste to have gone through all this extra schooling, get my certificate, then not have a job next year.  Oh well, I'm sure I could find something else with which to bide my time.

Random - We have a Netflix subscription.  We have been holding on to Be Kind Rewind for a while, and I actually got around to watching that today.  Not a big fan of Jack Black in some of his other movies, but this one was actually really good.  A little goofy, but really cute.  I am trying to fill up my queue with movies but I have not been paying attention to movies at all. Needless to say, I have no clue what to watch.  The next three movies are The Hangover, UP, and The Ugly Truth.  Any other movies I should add to my list (I think we only saw New Moon, and Harry Potter in the theater - oh and Star Trek)?

No comments:

Post a Comment