Day 22

I was going to write on Day 20 - but I felt exhausted.  I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping.  I have been waking up in the mornings...up to a half hour before I need to.  In no way have I felt rested all week.  I even woke up this wonderful fine Saturday morning at the moon-is-still-up hour of 4 am.  What the heck is that all about?

I believe I picked up a cold from my students.  Several of them have been in an out all week complaining of their throats hurting.  Yesterday I spent the day trying not to be loud in an effort to keep my voice.  I do not think it helped.

I ordered free mailing boxes from the post office (they are free).  I've been waiting to get them all week. I have a thing or two I would like to mail to Andy, but do not feel like going out and buying a shipping box.  God I am lazy.

I need to get my routine more settled.  I think it is coming along but I really need to find some time to get on our elliptical machine more than once a week.  I really do not want to have to go buy a larger pair of pants.  Not fun.

I was a bit sad today when Andy told me he wasn't going to be on the KSU vs KU basketball game.  I had gotten my hopes up to catch a glimpse of him.  I need to stop doing that to myself.  I have another 11+ months to go of this stuff.  One of my students told me I should read Dear John - it's so good, it even made me cry in school today.  To which I replied, just for that reason... no. I can not read that book.

I also fear that I am starting to become a shell - I am a person just going through the motions.  My students pull me back every now and then - yes, they can be intelligent if they want to be.  Rare.  I should try to go exploring - I am sure there are neat things to do.  I am reluctant with all this school work though.  Maybe during the summer - June and July.  Big plans - but we all know me - not so much the explorer.

I finished up reading the Gunslinger (again).  I read it last year but did not really get into it.  Andy has taken to reading my books so that we can talk about them.  Problem is that I have issues with talking about books.  I always have.  It isn't that I do not enjoy reading - I do.  I think it comes down to some grade school conversation where some teacher said I just do not have good comprehension skills.  Andy has read all of Harry Potter and has started reading Ayn Rand.  I on the other hand have not even come close to reading his books for a couple of reasons.  1. for the reason I stated above, 2. Stephen King scares the bejeezus out of me, 3.  I very rarely read historical or philosophical manifestos (history the other subject I have no brain for).  Reading nonfiction does not to much for me either - unless it is scientifically related. 

So in an effort to feel closer to Andy's brain, I am reading the Dark Tower Series.  The Gunslinger improves on second reading, but I still do not feel in it as one says.  We will try book 2 and see if it pulls me in some more.

Babbling - go be productive me...

No comments:

Post a Comment