No!

The past two evenings have brought on a bit of a surprise.  With JT standing, we notice that he likes to go to our coffee table or ottoman.  Once he has pulled himself up, he reaches for whatever happens to be laying on it, grabs it, and throws it on the floor.

Two nights ago, this happened.  The hubby turned to John and said "NO!"  It stopped John in mid grab and you can tell he was thinking about what to do.  He grabs again and is met with another "NO!".  At this point he stops, does the typical baby suck in of air, and gives out a wail!  Lets go of the ottoman, lands on his behind, continues to wail and flail his arms because he isn't getting what he wants.

Yesterday afternoon, a similar situation except this time with the coffee table.  I told him, "NO, do not pull the magazines off the table".  He pulls his hand back and starts wailing.

We are proud of ourselves that John is beginning to understand the meaning of words, although I wish it was something other than "no".  We do think the tantrums are a little are funny to watch.  I wish I had a video of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment