Pork in White Wine and Olive Sauce

Since I have been little, I have never really liked pork.  But lately, I have slowly started to add it into our usual meal time routine and it is growing on me.  Last night, I made this fabulously quick pork meal that I am pretty sure is going to make it's way into heavy rotation.  The recipe serves 1, I just doubled it to work for hubby and I.  This one comes from the Steaks, Chops, Roasts, & Ribs cookbook.

Pork in White Wine and Olive Sauce
Ingredients
1 tsp olive oil
1 boneless pork steak
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt and pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
4 tbsp dry white wine
4 tbsp water
6 black olives

Steps
1.  Sprinkle oil over the pork steak.  Rub in the herbs and salt and pepper to season.
2.  Heat a nonstick skillet and brown the pork quickly over high heat, turning once.
3.  Pour in the lemon juice, wine, and water.  Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
4.  Add the olives to the skillet and continue cooking for 5 minutes more to heat through.
5.  Serve with rice or fresh pasta.

Final Product

Oh yummy.  And throughout the entire meal, that is all I said.  I'd stop mid conversation and say ooo, this is really good.  Just a few notes, I used 2 thick bone-in pork chops.  I had no issues with cook time.  They were really juicy and delicious.  Our pasta was about a 1/3 to 1/2 a box of gemellis, we had them leftover from another recipe.  They captured the wine sauce really nicely.  The wine and olive sauce really tasty, my only suggestion is to have some bread around to sop up the drippings.  While the sauce thickened a bit in step three, there was still quite a bit.  The doubled amount for the sauce ended up being - 1/2 wine, 1/2 water, 4 tsp lemon juice.  Oh and in case you were wondering about the wine, Little Penguin Chardonnay, which we then finished off with our meal.  Definitely, definitely making this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment