Less than a Week to go..

That is right only a few more days to go before the big race!  I am almost giddy about it. I have been working my butt off for the past two and half months to get to this point.  Normally I do not share about the locations of my runs.  But today, I just feel like sharing.  We got up early - yes, all of us - hubby included.  Some of us were not happy about that but that is okay.  Once we got out and it was still somewhat cool we were happy.

We ran 3 miles out and then 3 miles back along Manhattan's Linear Trail.  I turned on the gps running app on my phone so that we could get a good idea of how far along we were and where our turn around point would be.   I like the app cause it made this cute little map of our run:
Now, I know 3 miles is quite a distance but I have been used to running loops for the past couple of months.  The out and back was a great change of pace.  I can't believe how many sights of Manhattan we past.  I wish I pulled out the phone to take some of pictures on the trail but I knew if I did I probably would stop and walk the rest of the way.

We also got to practice passing off the stroller.  I pushed through miles 1, 3, and 5.  The hubby did the even miles.  It was a relief to get my shoulders time to relax through the run.  With the exception of mile 5 (I had a side stitch), all of the miles were under ten minutes.  We wrapped up the entire six miles in 58:30 minutes.  So happy about it!

The linear trail is pretty flat so the test will come at the race when we have to deal with some hills.  With the race starting at 7:30 and then a kiddie fun run at 9 am, I am pretty confident we can finish the race before the fun run even gets started.  Then I look forward to a nice cool beer and pizza.  It's called Brew 2 Shoe for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment