Persian Lamb Chops
Ingredients
2 tbsp. mint, fresh chopped
1 cup yogurt, plain
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. pepper
6 lamb chops
2 tbsp. lemon juice
Steps
1. For the marinade, combine the mint, yogurt, garlic, and pepper.
2. Put the chops into a non-porous dish and rub all over with the lemon juice. Pour the marinade over the chops. Cover and marinate for 2 - 3 hours.
3. Cook the lamb over medium hot coals for 15 minutes, turning once. Serve with Tabbouleh.
It's accompanying side was
Tabbouleh
Ingredients
9 oz. couscous
2 cups boiling water
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
½ onion, chopped finely
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp. coriander
2 tbsp. mint, fresh, chopped
Steps
1. Bring water to a boil. Add the couscous and remove from heat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Fluff couscous. Toss in oil and lemon juice.
3. Add the onion, tomato and herbs.
4. Season and set aside.
The Final Product:
First, during my grocery shopping for the week, I did not come across lamb chops. But I did see some nice veal chops. So what you see in the picture is veal. The yogurt and mint gave it a light fresh taste. As you may also see, there are no tomatoes in my tabbouleh. I just don't like fresh tomatoes. So, I took a little liberty and replaced it with some mushrooms. I sauteed the mushrooms in a little olive oil and minced onion prior to adding it to the couscous. I have to say - I really like the taste of coriander. It is a new spice to my collection. All of the recipes I have made thus far with it have been quite tasty. I think it might become a permanent fixture in the spice rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment