This morning JT and I set out to practice the mileage that we need to complete for the upcoming road race. It was warm and starting to get really muggy. We completed the 6 miles in just over an hour. I am really proud of that accomplishment considering the stroller weighs 25 pounds and JT is probably near or over 20 pounds as well.
But I realize that 6 miles is about all I can take as far as mileage goes. While I was able to keep a pretty decent 10 - 10:30 minute pace, my knee was really being pushed to the edge. I was somewhat hoping that maybe I could keep up my training and one day go for a half marathon. Given today's stress, not sure I want to push much past 6 miles, especially with a stroller. Maybe if I ran without a stroller it might be possible. I spend a lot of time focusing on controlling the stroller. I should be focusing on my foot strikes to keep my hip and knee aligned.
The rest of my runs should be short this week. Just under 3 weeks to go.
You are amazing. I sometimes have a hard time walking 2 miles. So proud of you !
ReplyDeleteThanks! I appreciate the support. I find that it really helps my mood and I feel a lot better about everything. I will say it has been rough some mornings.
DeleteWhat has really helped a lot is just setting a time every day to do it. I put it in my calendar - then I can't argue my way out of it. I find it is easier for me to do it in the morning than any other time of day.
Thankfully, JT really likes getting pushed around in the stroller. No angry screams at all during our runs. Maybe I will turn him into a little runner.