at work…yet again.

So it is Monday of week 2 between semesters. Yet again I have so little on my plate, that if I don’t find something to do, I’ll fall asleep here at my desk. Today is the day that my parents finally make their way back to NJ. Hurray, no more foraging for food cause I have no time to go food shopping. Also great, cause then the poor pupper won’t be super depressed anymore.

Sad to say it, but Kona got so depressed with Matt heading off to Virginia. Normally, my dog doesn’t give two poops where the heck I am in the house. He was so down that he literally followed me all over the house. Plus, he has made himself so sick…wheezing episodes plus a new crazy thing he did that just scared the bejezus out of me. What is worse is that his poor nose has been all dry and stuffy. So there must be something wrong with him. Hopefully with the folks back, Kona will be his old self again.

I am feeling a little better about life as a whole, although I know that I am still not where I am supposed to be. More work is to be done and I need to not be lazy and get my butt in gear.

Thank god today is the last day of gymnastics in the olympics, because it has been the reason I don’t get any sleep. Paul Hamm, my hero. Okay, now that I’ve mentioned him like 3 times, I guess I owe you all a reason for my gymnastics affinity. Many years ago, when I was much smaller than I am today, my first love of sport came in the form of tumbling. By the age of 8, I had exhausted all possible avenues, ie every tumbling class one could think of taking…I took. So what did that mean, my parents got me involved in the local gymnastics factory as I like to call it. I took a couple of classes there. To everyone’s wonderment, by about 9 and a half I was beginning to tackle each of the different events: vault (I could at that point run and jump onto the top of the vault then jump off from a standing position. yes I know not the amazing abilities one sees in the olympics but I was friggin’ 9 for cryin’ out loud.), uneven bars (I could jump myself onto the bars and swing back between the bars, but yet again no fancy schmancy moves.), balance beam (scarily enough, the younger version of myself didn’t fall down nearly as much as my olderself now does. I could easier traverse the beam, and on fairly good days I could do cartwheels along the beam.), and floor, which is the reason why I am no longer in gymnastics. Floor was by far the easiest for me, with all of my tumbling experience. But one day, Theresa…following directions like she is supposed to, gets kicked in the eye by the girl in front of her. I go down, thank goodness I had closed my eyelid right before her toes hit my eyes or else I would not be able to see out my right eye. Much bleeding ensued and thus ended my olympic dreams. It is just the freckly-ness of Paul and his brother Morgan just make me think of myself and the fact that I pulled myself out because of some silly girls’ foot in my face. And yes, I go through this craziness every four years, and to tell you the truth…anytime I see a gymnastics event on tv. Sigh. Great little tidbit of Theresa knowledge that I am sure you didn’t even know about.

Changing gears, I miss my little bro. Weird huh…it isn’t like the situation has changed much. We are still in two totally different places. But him being at school, it is just weird while I am here at home. He’ll be alright though, I know it. That and he im’s me now and again to ask questions and what not. Sigh.

Well, I guess I am off, considering I have all of 30 minutes left here at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment