Start of classes...but not for me.

Oh it feels so odd to not be at Dickinson, running around like a chicken with my head cut off, worrying about this or that class, and what books I need. But good luck to everyone who happened to start today, including the Suzer, who is super awesome taking grad courses.

Speaking of Dickinson, I went up on last Friday. It felt so…different. Walking around campus, felt good in a creepy nostalgic way. yikes! Got to see my Infernos, yeeey. Happy Birthdayness to Jess and Jason, cause their birthday is the same as mine!! The actual performance didn’t go beautifully, but I really don’t have to worry about that much. I handed off my version of Good Vibrations to Karena, so I am pretty much done. Done, Done Done. I also got to hang out with the townhouse boys. Sam, Ben, Giesey, and Chris are the super awesomest! We went to Marketcross. Oh that felt good. So good, a good couple of beers and good company. We came back to their house, to find a huge party going on. And fancy that, Geoffy was there. It was good to see him, but after all of last year, it’s definitely sunk in that we won’t be anywhere near as close as we were at the end of junior year. sigh. But all in all, the trip was a success. Yey for having some place to crash if I ever came up again…hurray boys’ futon! *my story might have been more detailed if I had written it when I got back. I’m just super lazy here at work.*

Sunday evening I decided to go see the movie Garden State by Zach Braff, you know that guy who plays on Scrubs. After having sometime to think about it, I really did like the movie. Something about it, just really connected with my life right now. The general malaise, inability to do anything, trying to breakaway and become your own self, it was so good. The movie had it’s dark moments, but it also had some side-stitching parts, where I suppose if you were in Jersey you would totally get. Like this one part where you see this guy dressed up in full armor. The guy works at Medieval Times. Just something about the fact that before the character even says he works there, you know he works at MT cause you live in Jersey. The two just go hand in hand. Well, not to mention that a xc teammate of mine works there, so that makes it about 15 times more hilarious. But this is just funny:

Sam (Natalie Portman’s character): Hey, I recognize you from T.V. Didn't you play the retarded quarterback?
Andrew Largeman (Zach Braff’s character, he’s a struggling actor): Yea
Sam : Are you really retarded?
Andrew Largeman : No

Well the bit that really got me was this right here, cause I think this sums up everything about post college life:

Andrew Largeman : You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? That idea of home is gone. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place.

Sigh, so go and see this movie if you have the time too. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Hmm what else? Today I emailed the Graduate Director at the Rutgers Math department for info about the graduate program there. Hopefully I can get things to work out so that Brookdale will pay for some of my classes while I get my Masters degree. Then I think I will get the heck out of here and find myself a Ph. D program. On Friday, I am getting my haircut. I think it will be short. I can’t stand dealing with it anymore. So it is going bye bye. Saturday, my parents have tickets to see RU football, so I’m going to hang out with them for the afternoon. I am also trying to figure out something fun to do for my birthday. Like an outing or something of that nature. Everything is so expensive here though. The only thing I could come up with is: 1. brave the craziness at the beach, or 2. on Sunday in Waterloo there will be the Rockin’ Oldies Wine Festival, wine tasting, fun, games, and such. I’d love to try to go into the city to see a show, but that would be really out of my price range. Oh well, I am spent. Ugh it’s 2 pm and I still have 3 more hours of work :oP

No comments:

Post a Comment