Well, I am at work, again. Not too much to do. Not that I am complaining or anything crazy like that. I just feel like I lack energy to do much of anything. But there is a perfectly good reason for that.
So what does that mean…It is story time.
This past Thursday I had off from work. It was a good thing too since I woke up with a massive migraine headache and a very tiny squeaky voice. So I spent most of the day asleep, or popping sudafeds and excedrins in my mouth. That evening was the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. It was a nice evening out. I got to meet all of the groomsmen and the groom’s mom. Everyone else I knew or had seen before. I got a nice bottle of wine out of the deal for my anticipated helping out with the wedding.
Friday- I left my house and drove over to Colts Neck to have my TB test read. I am all clear. No TB for Theresa. I continued on to work. Didn’t do anything super stressful. I was able to finagle my way to get out a little early. I drove quickly home so that I could change and beautify myself. I work the typical little black dress, and I did my own hair. Well, I had a little help from my mom. I looked good. Still felt sick, but I had my duty to do. I showed up at the church around the same time the groom and the groomsmen got there. My job, I didn’t choose to accept it, was to greet people as then entered and hand them programs. At the end of the wedding, I was supposed to stand at the end of the receiving line with rose petals and have guests take them to toss at the bride and groom. I had a lot of fun with the guys….reminding them groom’s guests go on the right and bride’s guests go on the left, pinning several of them with corsages. Without injury I might add. They were all very cute and handsome. :::sigh::: The wedding was beautiful. It went off without too much of a hitch. Some minor things happened, but that is to be expected. The reception was at the Forsgate Country Club. Was pretty, but I don’t think I would like my reception there, if I ever get married. At the reception, I met up with all of the Pic’s, saw Joe, who I haven’t seen in years. Joe and I are 2 weeks apart in age. We used to hang out all the time cause the Pic’s, the Slic’s and my family all used to live on the same block. Way back in the day, my dad and Mr. Pic used to constantly make comments on how Joe and I would end up getting married one day. Haha, we hardly even talk now. My brother talked more to Joe than I did at the reception. I also got to hang out with all of the Normants. Kimmy and her husband Bobby, who I had never met before, were a riot. She and I get along really well. We had so much fun just dancing and drinking. Our table was right by one of the open bars. I did get to sit next to Michael (yes, him from about 20 posts ago), he is Kimmy’s brother. We chatted. It was nice. I haven’t talked to a guy in ages from what I remember. Good change of pace. Mr. Normant came over to me later in the evening and said…we’ll be seeing you soon during a daddy daughter dance. What does everyone else know that I don’t??? Even my parents were like…oooo you get to see Michael again. Yes, the pairing would make loads of people happy, I am sure. But that won’t happen anytime soon. Especially when Michael would watch Joe’s sister Chrissy, she was the maid of honor, and then proceed to comment about her to me. The food was alright, even though it was served at 11:15 at night. Throughout the evening I slowly lost my voice. That was fun.
I slept most of the day on Saturday, to only wake up with no voice. At least I didn’t have the migraine headache. Sunday was more of the same, trying to swallow, have no voice, and feeling congested. Monday I showed up to work. Finally, I broke down and called my doctor for an appointment. I crashed my brother’s board game playing evening by telling his friends to be quiet while I tried to go to bed early. This morning I went to the doctor. I have a sinus infection, cause for all of my pain and agony of the past 5 days.
What did I learn- Don’t wait five days to go to the doctor if you have something wrong with you, it will only make you miserable until you do. My colleagues at work are great, easygoing people who are willing to switch their schedules around if you aren’t feeling well, or have some big events going on in your life. In the tiny lovelife corner of my brain, I’ve noticed, it doesn’t matter where I go, what type of clothes I wear, or how good my hair looks, I will always be second to some other girl in the room. Even if I am the only gal in the room, it is assured that a dog, cat or other animal will get more attention then I will.
If anyone has any time Friday or Saturday and would like to hang out, I would love to have something to do with my nonexistent life.
No comments:
Post a Comment