One week til…my birthday!

So I’m mildly excited. I didn’t realize my birthday was coming up until yesterday when I actually looked at my planner for September. I sat there staring at the page with the 2nd on it, thinking there is something important going on that day. Isn’t it horrible that I can barely remember my own birthday?!?!?

Work has been…well, somewhat interesting. It has taken me three weeks before the workplace drama has kicked in. Oh the craziness. So I am still trying to get myself adjusted. In the meantime, I have had the ability to read some books while I sit around at work. Right now, I’m about halfway through the 9/11 commission report. Not exactly something you would think that I would read. But I find it really interesting to get a look at how all of the governmental agencies interact with one another, how long we’ve known about bin Ladin, and all of the denied attempts at trying to shut him and al Qaeda down. Once I finish with that riveting read, I have a copy of Wicked (you know the musical on broadway) that I would like to read, and Emma by Jane Austen. It happens to be one of the few Austen books that have escaped my reading it in entirety. So that leaves my excited, somewhat.

Yesterday, Beckie came over after work. We decided we needed a movie to chill out to. So, we watched Ella Enchanted, with that Anne Hathaway from Princess Diaries and Cary Elwes from Princess Bride and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. It was adorable. We chowed down on some munchkins and popcorn. It was a nice relaxing evening, considering we both had work the next day.

I am getting ready for my first trip back to Dickinson tomorrow. Saturday, the Infernos are going to be performing at the Orientation Olympics. So I am going to help them get some new recruits, hopefully. While I am there, I am going to stop by the boys’ townhouse at some point or another. I miss having some place to go and party and hang out. I can’t wait to see all of my infernos and everyone else, and walk around campus.

Plans are getting more definite to go and visit cryssy, suzer, and hester. It’ll probably be in September- one of the weekends around the 20th. But the gals can decide which weekend, cause I think the 20th is a Wednesday. I am also going to try and coordinate a trip with Dana to see Laurie in Virginia, and maybe we could set it up so that we can visit Linnea since she is down there as well. Oh I can’t wait til Abby gets to Long Island for her job in September…that means someone else I can visit. Plus, that is great cause we can traipse around the city.

I can’t really think of much else. I have to admit, that I am surprised at myself of the length of my posts to this LJ. I do not consider myself a writer by any means. I usually have the hardest time writing things out in any format. This just seems so much easier. Well, I should have some stories once I get back from Carlisle so until then…

Much love and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment