First Taste

On Superbowl Sunday, I decided it was time let John explore solid food.  I have been super busy as of late, so I have not had a chance to create my own baby food.  I settled for Gerber rice cereal.
GERBER® DHA & Probiotic Cereal – Rice

I mixed one tablespoon of cereal with one scoop of formula and two ounces of warm water.  To be honest, it didn't look that appetizing.  I wouldn't want to eat it.  Truth be told, I gave it a taste too.  It seemed fairly sweet.  I guess it was as good a time as any to give it a shot.





I suppose for first tastes it did not go over too badly.  We had a couple of spoonfuls of the cereal.  By "had" I mean "let it sit in our mouth while we chomped on the spoon then spit a bunch of it out once the spoon was removed."  John was over the moon happy when this experience was over.  He got his face cleaned up and maneuvered his thumb right into his mouth.  I have a feeling the next couple of days (probably more like weeks) of this eating cereal will be slightly rough.  But the bright side is I know JT watches our mouths while we eat dinner.  So hopefully his little brain will make the connection soon. I can not wait to get him introduced to green beans and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment