Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne

I almost did not think I would get in a slow cooker recipe this week.  So, I did a quick search for what is probably the most common main ingredient - chicken.  It was getting close to a grocery trip and that grossly limited the pool of prospective recipes.  This one comes from allrecipes.com.  

 

Slow Cooker Chicken Parisienne

Ingredients:

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
paprika to taste
½ cup dry white wine
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup all-purpose flour

Steps:

1. Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Place in slow cooker.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the wine, condensed soup, and mushrooms. In another bowl, mix together sour cream and flour. Stir sour cream mixture into the mushrooms and wine.
3. Pour over chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with additional paprika, if desired. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

The final product:

This was absolutely fantastic.  The last time I used wine in the slow cooker (Lamb Stew) we found that the alcohol left the stew with a weird tinny aftertaste.  I was a little hesitant this time but there was no funny aftertaste.  It reminded us of the favors of a beef stroganoff but considerably lighter due to the chicken.  The paprika provided a great spiciness to the dish.  Hubby said it could have used a little bit more but I thought it was just the right amount.  As you can see from the picture, I thought it needed a little starch so I boiled up some egg noodles before it finished cooking.  Definitely a keeper for my recipe book.

Speaking of which- I managed to get all of the recipes from my old program over to MacGourmet.  That was big considering I had nearly 50 recipes there.  I wish though that that meant I was done.  Unfortunately, that means I need to search through the mound of recipes I have collected over the years that are held on random scraps of paper.  I wish I had been more organized with my recipes from the beginning.

 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good one--and pretty easy. It's mostly things that you'd be likely to have anyway. I'll have to give it a try!
    And congrats and finishing the first hurdle in the recipe-sorting. I've been trying to transfer mine to a neater format, since you inspired me by talking about your fancy program, and I'm at about the same place you are. It's slow going from here, but I can only hope it'll be worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was quite yummy. When we both go for seconds, yeah it was good.

      Good luck getting all of your recipes inputted. I can't wait for the day where I just sit and wait for all of the recipes to come out of the printer in a nice format. I'll probably need to have extra ink cartridges on standby that day. Then I will have the absolute fun time of organizing them into my crazy binder that I have created. I have things separated by meal, and the main meal separated by main ingredient - cause I am crazy like that. I will have to take a picture of all of it when it is done.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like quite a work of art (and labor of love). I can't wait to see it when it's all done! (I'm sure you can't wait, either. While it will be really cool when it's done, it's not exactly a fun process...)

    ReplyDelete