Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Ingredients1 lb. ground beef
½ lb. pasta, fusili, campanelle, good twisty pasta to capture the cheese
16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 cup shredded six cheese mix
handful pecorino romano, grated
2 eggs, large, lightly beaten
12 oz. evaporated milk, (1 can)
1 ½ cups milk
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Steps
1. Brown the ground beef and place in slow cooker.
2. Mix together evaporated milk, milk, and eggs.
3. Combine cheese, pasta, milk/egg mixture, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and beef in slow cooker. Mix well.
4. Cover and cook on High for 1 hours, stirring occasionally (I did once every 15 - 20 minutes). Reduce heat to Low and cook for another 30 minutes (more stirring here).
My apologies for not providing a picture. It was quite yummy. It was good enough for the hubby to say - keep this one! Good enough for me to no longer have my mac and cheese/ hamburger helper craving. I know it isn't a traditionally long cooking slow cooker recipe but I think the melting cheese makes the long cooking time nearly impossible. Since my slow cooker has a non stick insert I did not have and issue with cheese hardening on the side. But if I was using my old crockpot I would definitely advise spraying the sides with PAM or rubbing the insert with butter before cooking.
No comments:
Post a Comment