Exercises with Baby

We are closing in on five months of JT being around and I think we have finally have gotten ourselves into a good rhythm.  Feeding time happens pretty consistently every four hours.  We know when someone gets a little over stimulated and needs some me time.  But I still find it difficult to get in some time to exercise and then be able to shower.  Apparently, an hour is almost to much mommy alone time.  

So I have turned to jerry-rigging exercises that involve JT.  He is my natural weight set.  He is constantly getting a little heavier each day - no need to buy new weights.  I have been doing two specific exercises.  I call them the Baby Lift and Baby Squat.  I do them in sets of ten.  

Baby Lift consists of lifting John up over my head in a slow controlled manner.  He loves flying in the air.  I usually tell him he is a frog jumping, or a kangaroo, or a spaceship taking off with the appropriate sound effects.  Lots of smiles.

Baby Squat involves holding John cross cradle and doing controlled squats.  Well sometimes I change up the timing so it is a surprise to him.  He provides a fantastic laugh track while I do them.  A good incentive right?

Maybe someday I will have time to get in a real workout.

2 comments:

  1. Here's an exercise I did with you. Lay on my back , bend my knees close to my chest , put you on my legs and gently lift my feet. YOu used to giggle when I would go up and down fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try that with John sometime soon. But the big thing is trying out solid food - maybe tomorrow morning :wink-wink:

      Delete