Chocolate Brownie Cookies

My usual go to chocolate chip cookie might get replaced.  I just made a batch of Chocolate Brownie Cookies from the Chocolate edition of The Best of Fine Cooking magazine.  This is also the first time I have ever worked with baking chocolate.  I was surprised at how easy it was to melt.  I do however have to perfect my piping skills (all the more reason to make more of these cookies).  I managed to get a little crumb from one of the cookies and I was in heaven.  So hard to sit here and write this while the cookies cool.  Enough of my inability to withstand temptation...

Chocolate Brownie Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped toasted pecans



Steps:
1.  Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment (or butter and flour the sheets).
2.  Melt the chocolate and butter together.  Let cool. (I used the microwave - 50% power for 1 min, then 15 seconds at full power, stir, 15 seconds, stir, etc.)
3.  Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium high speed.  After about 4 minutes, batter should fall back onto surface forming a ribbon like pattern before sinking back when beater is lifter.
4.  Add the cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla to the batter.  Stir to combine.
5.  Stir flour, baking powder, and salt into mixture.
6.  Stir in the nuts and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
7.  Spoon batter into pastry bag with #4 tip (or be cheap - use a ziploc bag and cut a 2/3 inch diagonal opening at one of the corners.)  Pipe about 1 tbsp of batter onto the baking sheet.  You can place them close together because the batter will not spread much.
8.  Bake from 8 to 10 minutes.  Cookies should be puffed and cracked.  The cracks should be moist but not wet.
9.  Let cool on a wire rack.

The Finished Product:
Must stop self from eating all of them.  That is all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment