Slow Cooker Yumminess

Ah, finally a foodie post.  Hurrah.  About a week ago, I received my copy of The Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion in the mail.  Goodness, all the recipes made my mouth water.  It was so hard to choose which one to try.  I think I probably found the easiest/shortest ingredient listed recipe in the entire book to attempt first.  Just because it is short on ingredients does not mean it is short on yumminess.

White Spaghetti

Ingredients:
4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (mine were still a bit on the frozen side)
8 oz block of cream cheese
1 package of Italian Seasoning (I used McCormick's Italian Chicken and Pasta Bake Seasoning Mix)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 lb of spaghetti noodles

Steps (I did a little adaptation here from the book):
1.  Soften the cream cheese.  Mix in a bowl with the cream of chicken soup and seasoning packet.  Mix until the cream cheese has smoothed out.
2.  Place chicken in the slow cooker and cover with cream cheese mixture.
3.  Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
4.  Before serving, cook spaghetti according to it's directions.
5.  Combine pasta to chicken/cream cheese mixture.

The Finished Product:
So easy and so filling.  No complaints on the preparing front or the eating part.  No extra seasoning needed although whenever I see pasta I add cheese.  It is delicious sans cheese.  Definitely a keeper.  It made enough for two left over meals - one for me and one for the hubby.  Thanks Crockin' Girls!!

I have a couple of more new recipes slated in my meal plan for the next couple of weeks.  I am excited to make them - one for Recipe Shuffle and one for here.

No comments:

Post a Comment