What happened to all the foodie goodness?

You may have noticed that I have been lacking in new foodie recipes.  It does not mean that I am being a bad foodie.

On the contrary, I consistently try one new recipe every two weeks or so over at Recipe Shuffle.  I am glad my fellow foodie and good friend Suzy talked me into it.  She is a fabulous cook and I have enjoyed all of the recipes she has passed along so far.  Hopefully you would enjoy them as well.

I have been forcing myself into a routine of meal planning every week.  It sure has helped cut down our grocery bills.  Okay, we still buy some things that catch our eyes but not nearly as much.  I have been trying to make sure our portion sizes are a bit better yet you won't stop me from enjoying a full plate of spaghetti.  I have also tried to make a concerted effort to incorporate a fish meal once a week.  Usually we are a meat and potatoes crew but  I find that the light meal is refreshing.  The hubby has also set a goal, now that the weather is consistently warm, to try to grill out once a week.  I'm all for it - most of the time that means minimum food prep - just marinate and slap on the grill.

But I did just get the Crockin' Girls Slowcooker Companion in the mail.  I am eager to test out some recipes.  So, stay tuned for more attempts at once a week slow-cooker goodness.  I am quite intrigued by the desserts but I can only justify doing those if we have more people around the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment