Sausage Balls

Part of my volunteer work involves attending a monthly board meeting.  Each month we rotate who brings scrumptious breakfast item to eat.  Well, I got November and I decided to make something I had always wanted to try:  Sausage Balls.  They are super easy and quite yummy - a great morning tailgate type food.

Sausage Balls
from The Official SEC Tailgating Cookbook

Ingredients
3 cups all purpose baking mix, i.e. Bisquick
1 lb hot ground pork sausage
1 10z block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded

Steps
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, pressing mixture together with hands.  Shape into 3/4-inch balls, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
2.  Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.

Sorry for the lack of pictures.  But I will mentioned that I decided to use mild pork sausage.  While it was tasty, next time I will definitely use hot sausage for the full flavor.  Also, I think I only ended up using about 2 1/2 cups of Bisquick.  Though the meat is juicy there didn't seem to be enough moisture in the meat to soak up all 3 cups.  Use your judgement as you add the Bisquick.

No comments:

Post a Comment