Slow Cooker Mac 'n Corn

A lot of times, I focus on the preparation of the main dish of the meal.  To be honest, I have a hard time coming up with side dishes.  Usually my sides turn out to be starches, mostly because I have a thing about vegetables.  A think I am trying to get over, slowly but surely.  But I wanted something different, so I decided to try this yummy little side dish.

Mac 'n Corn
from the Crockin' Girls Slow Cookin' Companion

Ingredients
1 can creamed corn
1 can regular corn, undrained
1 cup macaroni, uncooked
1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 stick butter
Steps
1.  Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker
2.  Cook on LOW for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
The Final Product
Again, I forgot to take a picture.  But this was a yummy side dish.  JT gobbled it up.  I never would have thought corn and macaroni and cheese.  They go very well together.  Note, instead of one cup of macaroni, I had approximately a half box of mini bow-tie pasta.  Through it all in.  There seemed to be more than enough liquid from the regular corn to handle the extra macaroni.  Two, you really do need to stop and stir the mixture at least once an hour.  So, make this recipe when you have a lot of "at home projects" and take a quick break to stir your side dish before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment