Seven Fishes Recap

I felt that I needed to recap how our little appetizer type Seven Fishes Feast went down on Christmas Eve.  It was definitely a lot more manageable that last year.  The amount of food was just right.

Dish 1:  Shrimp and Cocktail Sauce

Dish 2: Baked Calamari Rings (we decided to switch out the Salmon dish for the easier prepped dish)

Dish 3: Stuffed Clams

Dish 4: Mini Tuna Melts
I used some leftover water crackers, mixed tuna with mayonnaise, and topped with some Swiss cheese.  Next time, I definitely want to use some big bruschetta type rounds and then add a little bit of pepper to the tuna. It was a good first attempt.

Dish 5: Lobster Raviolis
We had 12 raviolis, leftover sauce from Sunday night, and a new can of pesto sauce.  Decided to let everyone get a taste of each.  The Pesto Sauce was definitely the winner!

Dish 6: Spicy Crab over Polenta
I deviated a little bit from the original recipe I posted. Instead of using whole chilies, I substituted some cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp.  It cleared out your sinuses but was still good.  Next time I would go a bit lighter on the cayenne pepper.

Dish 7: Fish Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment