Slow Cooker Cheddar Vegetable Sausage Casserole

I got around to trying another crock pot meal on Monday.  I pulled this one from the Crockin' Girls Crockin' Cookbook.  This turned out really yummy and I have never really tried putting sausage in the slow cooker.  The casserole is a bit tangier than some of the other dishes I have made because it utilizes Cream of Celery soup.  I am not a huge fan of the taste but my husband really liked it.  I thought the potatoes and sausage were really delicious.  Anyway, here is the recipe:

Cheddar Vegetable Sausage Casserole
from the Crockin' Girls

Ingredients

1 (10 oz) Package frozen mixed vegetables
3 large potatoes diced
2 Packages sausage, browned and sliced into pieces
1 (10 oz) Can cheddar cheese soup
1 (10 oz) Can cream of celery soup
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
Steps
1.  Mix all ingredients together and place in the slow cooker.
2.  Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Note - I did not have 3 large potatoes.  I did have about 7 small to medium sized potatoes.  I threw them all in.  The mixture was still creamy and absorbed all the liquid well.

No comments:

Post a Comment