Slow Cooker Turkey Tetrazzini

I had a couple of slow cooker planned recipes in my meal plan this week.  One old recipe - BBQ pulled pork - and two new ones - a main meal and a side dish.  On Monday, I tried out the main meal - Turkey Tetrazzini.  I liked it because it was not a chicken dish. Chicken in the crock pot gets over done a bit in recipes.  So this was a nice change of pace.

Turkey Tetrazzini
from the Crockin' Girls

Ingredients

4 Cups shredded, cooked turkey
1 Small sweet onion, chopped
1 Package fresh sliced mushrooms
1 Cup frozen peas
2 1/2 Cups chicken broth, fat free less sodium
1 Can cream of mushroom soup, fat free
1 Cup dry white wine
1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (16-ounce) Package whole wheat thin spaghetti

Steps
1.  In a 6- quart slow cooker, combine turkey, onion, mushrooms, peas, broth, soup, wine, and mozzarella cheese.
2.  Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
3.  Once cook time is complete, add cooked and drained spaghetti.
4.  Top with cheddar cheese. Cover with lid for about 30 minutes to an hour for cheese to melt. Serve and top with additional cheese if desired.

Sorry for the lack of picture.  Long Mondays produce very hungry people.  It was very tasty and cheesy.  I did do a little modification because I didn't have cooked turkey (this would be great post Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner).  I just sliced up some turkey cutlets and browned them in my insert prior to combining everything together.  I think it allowed some of the turkey juices to shine a bit more.  At step 3 you might be come worried when you lift the lid (I sure did), there is a lot of liquid in there.  But just trust in the recipe gods.  The cooked through spaghetti will in fact absorb a lot of the liquid.  For step 4, I left my slow cooker on warm for approximately 30 minutes.  It was enough to get the cheddar cheese all melty and yummy.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment