Carrots and Incisors

This Saturday was a big day for many reasons.  One of them being a huge tornadic event including the entire state of Kansas (I plan on sharing more in another post).  The others are a bit more fun.

First, another landmark in JT's culinary adventure - carrots.  I threw a bag of baby carrots in the microwave with a bit of water to cook them.  Then into the blender!

Really, making baby food is not that difficult.  I encourage people to try it.  You do have to give up about a half hour of your day but it isn't hard.  Plus, there is a bit of cost savings over the jars.  I usually get about 7 - 10 days of meals out of every fresh batch I make.  The cost at the grocery story is only about 3 or 4 dollars.  If I want 7 - 10 baby jars, each of those jars costs about a $1.  Saving 4 dollars a week is big.

Anyway, off my little baby food making soapbox, JT really liked the carrots.  They are nice, sweet, and have a good texture.  Here is a video of his reaction:

In other digestive/food news, yesterday I saw the stirrings of JT's first tooth - the lower left central incisor.  It is probably the explanation for his recent increase in screaming, as well as, all of the drool we have had to endure.  I think there are a couple of other teeth that are close to "erupting" as well - right lower central incisor, along with the upper incisors.  My ear drums are going to hate me.

1 comment: