It brings me to emergency preparedness. Being originally from the great state of New Jersey, being ready for an emergency was never really at the forefront. We were ready for blizzards and had several flooding situations but nothing really on the scale or magnitude of a tornado.
Once we moved out here, I realized that I needed to designate a safe room. I stocked it up but after yesterday we need to re-asses/stock what is in the safe room. Here are some of the things you should have in your emergency bag/safe room:
Water - a gallon a day per person for 3 days (that means 9 gallons for us)
Food - enough for 3 days
First Aid kit - preferably one that contains masks and any medications
Sanitizing Wipes
A Multitool - one that has a can opener if you stock your food in cans
Flashlight
Weather Radio (battery or handcrank)
Phone charger (battery one if available)
Important documents (birth certificates, social security cards, passports, etc)
Formula and Diapers (for those with little ones)
Pet food and leashes
Local Area Maps
I also try to keep:
A change of clothes
Rain gear
A pair of boots
Blankets/Sleeping bags
Bowls
Matches
Fun Stuff for JT
Since I can not be serious for the entirety of this post, I present to you the Severe Weather Alert Boogie as interpreted by my son:
No comments:
Post a Comment