About a week or so ago, I decided to organize and de-clutter a whole bunch of paperwork that had been amassing. In fact, it was a filing cabinet worth of papers. It took about two days to muddle through it all and then rearrange things so that it all made sense.
In the midst of this process, I came across some papers that I had forgotten about. Your lovely blogger was inducted into her college's Sports Hall of Fame. Well, not just me - the Women's Cross Country Team for ten years of excellence. Yours truly was a member of the team for two of those years. I even have a lifetime sports pass to college events and use of the fitness center.
It got me thinking. First, it has been ten years since my last competitive race. What?!?!?! Has it really been that long? How have I managed to stay away so long? Shoot the running shoes that I am currently using are nearly 3 years old. That is not right by runner's standards.
Second, I should totally get back into running. No, it does not need to be competitive. I do not have to be setting pr's every time. I can start by getting back into a routine with the elliptical and then work in some street runs. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to get rid of those last naughty pounds from pregnancy.
So, I picked up some new sneakers, found a race where I would be allowed to run with JT in the jogging stroller, and have started slowly putting in time with the elliptical machine. I have three months before the race. More than enough time to be ready.
Here is to a healthier me!
No comments:
Post a Comment