The Inevitable....

I have been avoiding this for a long time.  I have managed to wiggle my way out of doing it but that just won't happen anymore.

The time has come for us to start looking at childcare/babysitters.

I am currently a board member for the spouses' club on post (for the non-military "post" is government area where my husband is currently stationed).  Yesterday, I attended our usual monthly luncheon with JT in tow.  The past seven months have been fantastic.  JT primarily slept through them or napped a bit and enjoyed looking at all the wonderful people's faces.

Not so much yesterday.  He was so enthralled with everyone that he bypassed his usual 10:30 to 11:45 nap.  I started his lunch a bit early.  So halfway through his feeding, the unbelievable sound of baby screaming began.  Goodness, you would think I was murdering him!  I was totally embarrassed.  I just became one of those people who couldn't handle their kids' tantrum in public.

After what seemed like an eternity but probably only 15 minutes, JT gave his last terrifyingly awful holler and passed out.  Dead to the world asleep.  The rest of the luncheon went off without a hitch.  Sigh!

So I understand that I might need to leave JT home with a babysitter so that I can live my life as an adult.  I am just not ready to make that adjustment.  Yes, we have left him alone with grandparents.  That was rough but I managed it.  I just feel weird leaving him with a stranger - albeit, I would find one with emergency training (CPR) and who can deal with the dogs as well.

Very few people understand JT, his moods, crying, his expressions like I do.  But I suppose I should try finding someone I trust to look after him if I have to be away for a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. I remember how sad I was when I left you for the first time with Edith. Now I am sad cause I sure wish we lived closer . I 'd be up for a few hours of week of watching JT.

    ReplyDelete