"Those" People

Uh Oh.  Yep.  I do not know when exactly this transformation happened but the realization smacked me in the face today while I was enjoying my early morning hour to myself.

I have become one of "those" people.

"Those" People - people whose status updates on Facebook perpetually revolve around their child.

Do not get me wrong - you are not a weird person for writing about your kid.  Kids do some amazing and unthinkable things.  I just enjoy something different every now and again.

So now, feel free to hit me upside the head next time I have 3 status updates in a row concerning JT.  I am not quite sure when this finally came over me.  I feel somewhat obligated to include him in status updates because we are so far away from family.  I do not want them to miss out on his growth or the fact that my ear drums no longer work properly.  I promise to try to update more about me - yet, who wants to hear about me doing laundry all day.  I guess I need to find a happy medium between shouting from the rooftops about JT and sharing my own thoughts, which I do in fact have.

Since I am still in shock of this realization, I leave you with a video of the tiny person who is a consistent object of entertainment (and sometimes frustration):

1 comment:

  1. I am totally ok with you posting about JT whenever and as frequently as you want to. I love seeing photos and movies of him and his silly little boy antics. Look he is sitting up by himself and playing with a toy! way to go JT.

    I am still interested in things that you are doing too.

    Miss all of you.

    ReplyDelete