Yes, that is me. I've given up and decided to start my own livejournal. I just feel that it would let everyone know what I have been up to recently. Plus I don't have to send countless emails to people all the time. Yes, I admit it I am lazy.
Well, I guess I need a place to begin...and well last week seems as good a place as any to start. Graduation from Dickinson was May 23rd. A wonderfully sweltering day in Carlisle. Then guess what, the school had us all kicked out by 5pm that same day. Very nice of them if you ask me.
So what have I been doing the past...almost 2 weeks? I've been unpacking mostly. I just have a few scattered piles left in my room that I just don't feel like putting away. I suppose it comes down to the fact that if I clean those piles up, I've resorted to living at home. Ah, maybe someday that will happen but not today. I spent some of my time shopping, I have not been shopping for nearly 3 months. It was so refreshing.
I did though have a couple of projects that I wanted to get done:
1. make dvd's of the senior physics research presentation (to send to scott) and of the infernos spring concert (to my infernos buddies who had wanted them)
2. send out letters to as many friends from Dickinson as I could (I've gotten 2 written...I think i have about 12 more to write. But I thought letter writing has gone out of fashion lately, and really people love getting mail...even if it is snail mail)
3. finish up my college scrapbook (just need to put the last semester in there...but i don't have the heart to go through all that stuff just yet...it's in one of the piles i have yet to clean up)
OH...today's big deal- I saw the third Harry Potter movie. I was pleasantly disappointed. Yes, yes...I understand how hard it is to fit that wonderful book into a sub 2.5 hour film, but I just felt it was lacking. Now I don't want to give away anything in particular...although I know most people have read the book and know what the heck is going to happen anyways...but, where to begin?
1. just for continuities sake, I wish they would have kept the layout of the grounds the same...I don't like how shall we say new "rugged" Hogwarts, or how the Griffindor common dormitories are now accessed right from the staircases. Hogwarts seems almost a depressing, dark dank old castle in this movie as compared to the first two. (I would have expected this style for maybe the fifth book, but certainly not the third)
2. I give credit to Michael Gambon for a valiant attempt at taking over Dumbledore after Richard Harris' death. Although I was a little hesitant at first, he seemed to do quite well towards the end. Not Richard Harris, but kudos to him.
3. Yes, everything that was major in the book, happened in the movie...but not in the right order! The mystery that you try to unravel in the movie seems so much easier, compared to how Rowling plays things out in the book.
4. The movie doesn't explain things at all. You know it's bad when my father has so many questions about the movie, that i nearly tell him to sit down and read the book so that all will be made right in the world.
5. Okay, this is a good thing...I'm glad that the original director casted children who were the right age when they filmed the first book. They made some great choices for all of the characters. I love how they have all turned out...Ron, Harry, Neville, Seamus, yes even Draco, Crabbe and Goyle.
Oh goodness, look at that...i've gone and given a small essay on Harry Potter. But that's all that I can lay claim to post college. Tomorrow night I'm going to head out with the Edison crew to enjoy some birthdays. It will be good to finally see everyone again.
Hopefully, I'll post on a regular enough basis so as to not leave such long-winded messages as this. I miss everyone from Dickinson so very much...but mushy stuff aside...I'm signing off.
No comments:
Post a Comment