oh joy...

For some wacky reason, my mother takes extreme delight in barraging me with every question imaginable about my interview. I thought it went alright, although I didn't feel that I was totally in the right mindset. But I suppose that is the point of a group interview. 3 people just bearing down on you, asking you....whatever came into their head, cause they could.

Downsides: I was super nervous. My contacts kept playing in tricks on me, so my eyes were watery the whole time. yikes, no crying here. but you can just run out of an interview saying...sorry my contacts are being a pain in the ____ i'll be right back. I didn't talk very loudly. I was just unsure of myself.

Upsides: I've met with all these people before. I had the "group" interview. Other people who interviewed, just met with the principal. Maybe that means something, I don't know. They won't have to pay me oodles of money cause I have no real experience. I'm a "steal" if you can call me that. I know the Math Department Chair. She is super cool. Oh yeah and lastly, I friggin' rocked my suit. It was kickin', off the hook!!!

Okay, I'm back from the ghetto. The rest of the day I spent just chilling, cause damn it...interviewing takes a lot out of you, even if it was only an hour (compared to the other day long interviews I've had...this was a walk in the park.).

Speaking of walk in the park, tonight was the first of 4 road races held by the running club in my area. So I drove myself to the park, to watch the...hot? guys run. I decided not to run cause well...I still can't walk up hill, and my running on flat ground ain't that fast. But I got to the park about 10 minutes before the gun went off. Just in time to meet up with old pals. I saw Josh White, Edison Eagles xc teammate. Last summer's last race, I kinda detoured him from finishing the race. Instead of running the last lap of the course, we chatted. But this time, he came up to say hello, and that I wasn't going to distract him anymore. I said sure, I'll just cheer ya on. So that was nice. I also saw and talked to Mike Anis, another teammate of mine. So it was good to see everyone. I hope that by the end of the summer, I too will be able to run and finish one of the races.

The race itself was good. I have totally missed racing. Well not so much the pain, the gasping for breath, the elbowing, and want of water. But just the atmosphere....not just cause you are outside. The mood, of people coming together to test themselves, and challenge others. It's great.

Well I'm signing off for the moment. I think the words have run dry from my head. Catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment